Since retail pre-launch, I’ve put quite a lot of time (imo) into SWTOR.
- Trooper – 50 hours
- consular – 60 Hours
- Smuggler – 32 hours
- Knight – 26 hours
But I figured it takes very little time to simply copy the list here and onto Google+.
So here is my list:
- First; I like SWTOR; a lot.
- While the UI does in fact work, I mean you can in fact play the game with the current UI, it really needs a lot of improvements.
- I like my smuggler’s character and story, but after 22 levels I find her gameplay to be my least favorite.
- Thinking about gameplay; for the record it is in fact a whole lot like EQ, WoW, or any of the other MMOs like those. Really nothing new there, but I’m ok with that.1
- For me the Story hook works. I remember and could tell someone a little about each of my 4 character’s stories, and even some of their side missions.
- There is a whole lot of ‘filler running’ in this game that I would love to be able to buy out of. Give me a shuttle directly to my ship. Please. Thanks.
- I actually enjoy the space combat rail shooter side missions.
- I like being able to upgrade my companions and my ship.
- I like that I can enter a group-mates ship and they can enter mine.
- I wish I could upgrade / customize the inside of my ship to make it my own and possibly give me some additional functions (like a mailbox).
- I enjoy datacron hunting, and lore clickies. (I wish I was better about spotting the lore ones)
- My companions are useful and interesting enough that I want to gain more.
- There are some neat bits about the map, but there are also some confusing bits. (one of the many UI issues I have)
- I was impressed by the variety of looks between the different planets.
- I like that your light or dark side actions have some consequence in that your expanded purchase options are limited down your path.
- I don’t like that there are no expanded purchase options available to those that are neither light nor dark side.
- I’m also sometimes confused as to why something gives light or dark side points. Granted these times are rare, but they exist.
- I love the KOTOR references.
- I still have not tried any PvP.
- Lack of auto grouping for flashpoints has not stopped me from running flashpoints.
- I find the length and difficulty of the flashpoints I’ve run so far to be “just right”.]
- I don’t like it when my group reaches the point where a named enemy we need for a quest should be and he is not there. Yes I want instant gratification.
- I do like it when I (solo) reach a named enemy for a quest at the same time as someone else, and they invite me to group.
- I think it’s cool that I can have my companion gather a resource, while I gather another one.
I’m sure I’ve got more, on both the plus and minus side, but for now I think that’s a pretty good list.