Today brought with it the latest wow patch notes.Â Granted these are only patch notes for the test server and it is highly likely that they will change in some fashion.
3.2 offers a whole lot of neat little quality of life improvement, along with several nerfs; some that make me think I must not be playing my priest right since they constantly get nerfed and yet I I am often being beaten by pally, druid, and shammy healers.Â But I amÂ not going to discuss in detail any of that today, no today I am going to return to the issue of Emblems.
Remember a few months back when I mentioned that the addition of a new emblem tier and lack of ability to “buy up” would result in the abandonment of the current Wrath 5man content?Â Â My personal experience has proven that true, and by the looks of the patch notesÂ Blizzard was also convinced.
- Any dungeons that previously dropped Emblems of Heroismor Valor, such as Naxxramas or Heroic Halls of Stone, will now drop Emblems of Conquest instead. Emblems of Conquest can still be converted to Valor or Heroism.
- Both the 10 and 25 player instances of the Crusaders’ Coliseum drop a new Emblem of Triumph.
- The heroic dungeon daily quest will now reward 2 Emblems of Triumph and the normal daily dungeon quest will reward 1 Emblem of Triumph.
- The existing achievements to collect 1, 25, 50, etc. Emblems of Heroism, Valor, and Conquest have been converted to Feats of Strength
Now Blizzard has let the pendulum swing all the way back the other way.
With this information out in the public, there is zero reward incentive before the patch to runÂ Wlotk 5man heroics, Nax, OS, Malygos, and even to some exent non-hard mode Ulduar 10.
Why change the existing rewards? When they could instead of just allowing the existing embles to be used as currency for each higher level; excluding the highest level to allow the hard core some lead time and sense of achievment?
What is the logical reasoning against doing some variation of the following in the next patch instead of what they currently propose:
10 Emblems of Heroism = 1 Emblem of Valor
10 Emblem of Valor = 1 Emblem of Conquest
10 Emblem of Conquest = for now nothing.Â Once the level after Triumph is added then you can convert to Triumph.
I see several benifits to such an upgrade system:
- encourages the high end people to run pre-existing content.
- helps people gear up to raid the newest content quick than the system now
- Yet it does not allow them to completly eaislyÂ “skip” a teir.
- Encourages people to start running the content now, and not wait for the patch.
- Is expandable into the future.
I know I am not the only person to think of this, and surely someone at blizzard must have also considered it.Â So please tell me where is my logic wrong?
Time to focus on fnally getting to stack potions in 20s. Yay, thanks bliz.